Claims Technician - Operations (Processing Services)
Purpose of Role
- Manage Claims processing for Talbot’s Overseas offices.
- Monitor and process post received into the Claims processing mailbox.
- Timely processing of claims information, ensuring the team maintain Service Level Agreements
- Be responsible for processing a specific Overseas office but also be willing to assist during busy periods with other Overseas offices work load.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail to collate and present accurate claims information to syndicate claims team.
- Identifying and assisting with Operational improvements. Helping to document existing and updated procedures.
- Abide by Treating Customers Fairly rules to maintain Talbot’s reputation within the market.
- During quiet periods be willing to undertake tasks within the premium processing team as agreed with the Technical Processing Manager.
- Monitor claims processing mailbox and process all post received from Overseas offices within the SLA.
- Maintain electronic claims files
- Request processing instructions from Talbot Claims on complex risks and claim payments.
- Update manual claims tracker with accurate claim status
- Complete regular checks that claims are flowing through the process so that the manual tracker is accurate.
- Circulate weekly stats to Management
- Complete accurate and timely data entry into Enterprise Risk (Brokasure system).
- Complete checks on claims correspondence received that there is sufficient information to present to Talbot Claims and liaise with the broker if information is unclear or missing.
- Transmit electronic messages through to CLASS and ECF for Talbot claims team review.
- Review and resolve queries raised by Talbot Claims or Xchanging Claims technicians within CLASS.
- Produce accurate documentation for presentation to Talbot Finance to ensure timely payment of claims and fees
- Complete claims submissions using the Lloyd’s Direct Reporting process and In-house systems.
- Escalate issues to management
- All CSU, MGA and Overseas management and staff.
- Key external customers including brokers.