IT Security Analyst
- Secure data by understanding threat technologies and using tools to protect against known, emerging and zero-day threats.
- Assist with the testing and implementing of commercially available, best-of-breed security products and services.
- Review and maintain documentation, including but not limited to: technical information/specifications, requirement statements, feasibility analyses, conceptual designs, business continuity plans and other documents.
- Deploy, integrate and conduct the initial configuration of all new security solutions as well as enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standards and best practices.
- Participate in IT security risk assessments and control design activities as well as remediation and escalation of critical information security incidents as needed.
- Monitoring the day-to-day operations of technical security products including, but not limited to encryption tools and Pentesting.
- Subject matter expert and primary point of contact for all security products and processes.
- Ensure security requirements are included in developed and emerging technologies.
- Provide staff education regarding products and procedures; assist Learning and Talent Develop in the maintenance of IT Security Training and other user education initiatives.
- Support compliance with regulatory requirements and other statutory regulations.
- Support Security Info & Event Management (SIEM) for managing System and Application Logs from multiple sources.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years’ experience of working in an IT Security environment and/or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related disciplines.
- Security related certifications are desirable.
- Experience conducting penetration and vulnerability testing and resolving issues related thereto.
- Demonstrated experience/understanding of current anti-virus and anti-malware tools.
- Familiarity with firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocols.
- Familiarity with Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems as well as network protocols and packet analysis tools.
- Cloud computing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system and application logs.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
- Proven organizational and timekeeping skills and a strong sense of attention to detail are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills i.e. a thorough command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- The ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients and colleagues, and to exercise discretion and confidentiality in all matters.
- Must be able to work outside of normal office hours including evenings, weekends and public holidays if necessary.
Validus Group thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Validus Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Manager of Human Resources.