The Crop Risk Services (CRS) team maintains strong relationships with a network of third party agents that sell government-subsidized as well as CRS crop insurance products to help mitigate the risk and uncertainty of loss for America’s farmers. The CRS Crop Insurance sales staff plays a key role in planning and prioritizing personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales, especially managing personal time and productivity. They also plan and manage their portfolio, and territory-business according to an agreed market development strategy. Sales maintains and develops existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction. As we continue to grow, it is an exciting opportunity to be part of an integral piece of our CRS operation where the service culture combined with our brand and innovative IT systems has positioned us to be the fastest growing crop insurance company in the last six years.
- Learn and understand the crop insurance products, contracts, and adjusting process
- Gain knowledge and comprehend Aeros to effectively demonstrate it to agents and clients
- Personally visit prospective and current agents to explain the benefits of our services and products
- Explain requirements to implement and service insurance programs
- Respond to and follow up sales inquiries using appropriate methods
- Obtain contract and other required documentation to sign new agent business to the company
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
- Confer with agents to verify service satisfaction or investigate and resolve complaints and other issues
- Coordinate regular meetings with the area adjusting staff, including the arrangement of meetings between adjusting staff and agents
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information
- Compile activity reports related to prospective and existing agent visits for management review
- Develop listings of prospective agents by studying profitable business, consulting business associates, and general observations to expand our services available throughout the sales territory
- Recruit sales agents in the field for the purpose of increasing market share
- Maintain contact between agents and home office
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Able to travel for extended periods
This position offers a complete benefits package, including 401K, health, life and dental insurance.
CRS requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check including an MVR.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.