The Solutions Architect role is responsible for ensuring that technology solutions support business needs, conform to relevant principles and standards, are fit for purpose and align with strategy. The role involves the production of various artefacts to support the project lifecycle and associated governance activities, in addition to artefacts that support key decisions regarding Information Technology. The role is with the Group IT organization and covers global aspects of architecture with a particular focus on the Lloyd's Syndicate.
- Understand and advise on the evolution of the IT estate to align with business strategy and requirements.
- Research, analyse, design, propose and deliver solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
- Establish and maintain technology standards that enable the simplification of the Group's technology landscape.
- Oversee and advise major change programmes in their use of information technologies, ensuring appropriate use of IT and the delivery of business requirements.
- Definition and delivery of core elements within the Enterprise Architecture
- Working closely with the business to understand challenges and needs, and provide potential solutions to meet those needs.
- Working closely with all business units to provide detailed understanding of the IT estate, and assist in making sure that technology implementations underpin the longer term business and IT strategies.
- Identify & assess opportunities for technology innovation within the Group through close relationships with the business and IT leadership.
- Working with the other IT teams to deliver technology standards and architectures that will enable the delivery of business plans and objectives.
- Help to define and maintain target architectures for Group's IT Estate that will enable delivery of business plans at acceptable cost and risk.
- Produce and review High Level designs in line with the developed standards and strategies.
- Support architecture governance activities and processes.
- Assist in the definition and delivery of the IT strategy to underpin and align to the business strategy.
Market and Vendor Engagement
- Monitor technology trends, innovations and key standards bodies. Bring advances to the attention of the IT and business teams where their application is relevant and will deliver benefit to the Group. Engage with existing and potential technology suppliers to shape vendor and service provider strategies.
- Provide direction to Sourcing & Vendor Management, ensuring that vendor negotiations are informed of key trends, and that sourcing agreements align to Group's technology strategy.
- Regularly review, with core IT teams, the market direction and the profile of significant vendors, products, service providers and technologies.
- Become a trusted partner of the business and IT functions.
- Engage stakeholders in all aspects of the business to understand the business context, strategies, operational architectures and priorities.
- Provide advice to business and IT functions on the strategic application of technology.
- Identify opportunities for business innovation and differentiation through the use of new technologies.
Supporting key technology programmes and initiatives
- Provide subject matter expertise and assurance to the Group's delivery programmes, where strategic technologies and architectures are to be deployed.
- Ensure that programme teams are appropriately skilled and the programme or initiative is aligned to the Group's strategy and architecture.
You will have experience in the following areas
- Experience with complex technical environment using multiple technologies and languages
- Experience in understanding business requirements and translating into architecture deliverables
- Experience with Lloyd's Market and good understanding of Syndicate processes and business model