THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS GOVERNED BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Terms should be read carefully before using this website (the "Site"). By using the Site, you agree to be bound by the Terms as set out below which govern your use of the Site and set forth the terms and conditions under which Validus Holdings, Ltd and its group companies ("Validus") provides the information available on the Site. If you do not accept the Terms, do not use the Site. The Terms may be updated from time to time without notice and changes to the Terms will take effect when posted on the Site. The information and materials on this Site are not directed to and may not be used by any person or entity in any jurisdiction where the direction or use of such information and materials is prohibited or would be contrary to applicable laws, rules or regulations of any governmental authority or regulatory organisation.
For those accessing the Site in the United States of America ("US"), you should be aware that underwriters at Lloyd's, London ("Underwriters") are licensed only in Kentucky, Illinois, and the US Virgin Islands, but are approved surplus lines insurers in all other US jurisdictions. Insurance policies issued by Underwriters are not protected or guaranteed by state insurance guaranty associations or insolvency funds.
Coverage is available from Validus only through licensed surplus lines brokers or as otherwise expressly permitted by applicable law.
Because insurance laws governing surplus lines and other non-admitted insurance transactions vary amongst the jurisdictions with regard to applicable requirements and obligations, a careful review of your jurisdiction's laws should be made.
- This Site is not aimed at consumers (or any equivalent category of persons acting outside the course of their business) in any jurisdiction.
You agree to use the Site in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations in the country in which you access the Site.
- You are wholly responsible for the use of the Site by any person using your terminal or point of presence and are responsible for ensuring that any such person also fully complies with the Terms.
- The Site and its contents do not constitute or form part of an offer or invitation for sale of any policy of insurance or reinsurance or any other product or service. The information on this Site is provided to you as general information on the products and services offered by Validus and is not, and shall not be construed as, (i) making any recommendation or providing any investment or other advice in relation to the purchase, sale or other disposition of any such products or services; or (ii) an arrangement of, or provision of, or an offer or solicitation or an invitation for the purchase of such products or services. Validus may change, suspend or alter any aspect of the Site, and may make changes to the products and services described on the Site at any time without notice.
- Although Validus has taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information posted on the Site is true and accurate in all material respects and that there are no other material facts the omission of which would make any of the information misleading, all information on the Site is provided "as is" and may be changed without prior notice. Validus will take reasonable care to ensure that availability of the Site will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, this cannot be guaranteed. In addition your access to the Site may occasionally be suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new information or facilities. Except as required by law, Validus offers no warranty, condition, other term or guarantee, express or implied, with regard to the availability or operation of the Site, accuracy of the information posted on the Site or the products and services referred to on the Site.
- Copyright, data base rights and all other similar rights in this Site and the information contained in it are owned by Validus and their licensors. You may use the information and reproduce it in hard copy for your own personal reference only. The information may not otherwise be reproduced, distributed, modified, published, licensed, displayed, transmitted to any other person or incorporated in any way into another document or other material without the prior written permission of Validus. Trademarks, trade names, logos, domain names and URLs ("Marks") appearing on the Site, whether registered or not, are owned by Validus and their licensors. Nothing on the Site grants you any right or licence to use the Marks without the prior written permission of Validus or the relevant third party owner of such Marks.
- Where Validus provides hypertext links to other sites or contacts, Validus does so for information purposes only. Such links do not constitute an endorsement or approval of any products or services. You use such links entirely at your own risk and Validus accepts no responsibility for the content or use of such websites or information contained therein. You may link to the Site home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Validus' reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on Validus' part. Validus reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- In order to contact any of the Validus personnel identified on the Site you may need to supply Validus with your contact information (such as name and email address). This information will be used to contact you about the services on the Site in which you have expressed an interest.
- Validus' security team may use monitoring tools to gather certain information automatically when you visit the Site such as internet protocol addresses, browser type, internet service provider, operating system and date and time of visit. Validus uses this information only for the purposes of monitoring malicious attacks and generally administering the Site.
- Other than as required by applicable law, in no event will Validus be liable for errors or omissions in the information provided on the Site. Other than as required by applicable law, in no event shall Validus' liability to you exceed $500, whether in contract or in tort (including negligence), for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other losses or damages of whatever kind arising out of your access or inability to access the Site, your use of or reliance on any information posted on the Site or any hypertext or hyperlink to a website or any information contained on or accessed through such linked website, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, virus or delay in operation or transmission even if Validus is aware of such issue.
- You agree not to post or transfer to the Site either directly or indirectly any information or other content which is or may be inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, obscene or offensive or in breach of any intellectual property right or similar right or damaging to the data, software or performance of the Site.
- If you are in breach of the Terms, you agree to indemnify Validus in respect of any losses, costs or damages including reasonable legal fees incurred by Validus in relation to or arising out of such a breach.
- The Terms contain the entire understanding between you and Validus with regard to your use of the Site and no representation, statement, inducement (whether oral or written) not contained herein shall bind either you or Validus.
- Should any part of the Terms for any reason be declared invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall not affect the validity of any remaining portion and such remaining portion shall remain in full force and effect as if the invalid portion of the Terms had been eliminated.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the federal law of the United States if and to the extent such law is applicable, and otherwise in accordance with the laws of the State of New York.